This curry carrot soup is incredibly nutritious and light.
Serve as an appetizer before dinner or as a light lunch.
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 8 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
• 4 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
• 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
· In a large saucepan, boil the oil and curry powder over medium heat, stirring constantly, until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes.
· Toss in the carrots, celery, and onion to coat in the oil. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the broth. Bring the water to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are very soft.
· Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Using a paper towel, wipe the oil that has risen to the surface of the soup. Remove the paper towel.
· Transfer the soup to a blender and puree in batches of no more than 2 cups (take caution when pureeing hot liquids).
· Return the pureed soup to the pan and heat through over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, as well as lemon juice.