For the crust:
· 1 medium cauliflower head, washed and chopped into florets
· 1/2 cup shredded cottage cheese (or vegan cheese)
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· Salt and pepper to taste
· For the toppings:
· 1/2 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
· Your favorite vegetable toppings (e.g., sliced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, spinach, etc.)
· Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
· Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until they resemble rice-like grains.
· Transfer the cauliflower “rice” to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and softened. Let it cool for a few minutes.
· Once the cauliflower has cooled down, place it in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible. This step is crucial for a crisp crust.
· In a mixing bowl, combine the squeezed cauliflower, shredded cottage cheese, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
· Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press the cauliflower mixture onto the parchment paper, shaping it into a round pizza crust, about 1/4-inch thick. Make sure to compact the crust evenly.
· Bake the cauliflower crust in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until it’s golden brown and firm.
· Remove the crust from the oven and carefully flip it over. If desired, you can pre-bake the other side for an additional 10 minutes to ensure a crispier crust.
· Once both sides are cooked, remove the crust from the oven and spread the tomato sauce evenly over the surface.
· Sprinkle a layer of shredded cottage cheese over the sauce.
· Add your favourite vegetable toppings.
· Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
· Once the pizza is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
· Enjoy your delicious and healthy cauliflower crust pizza!
· Feel free to get creative with the toppings, using a variety of vegetables and even some fresh herbs for added flavour. This recipe offers a tasty way to enjoy pizza while incorporating more veggies into your diet.
·Top of Form